5.6.06

In through the door, out through the window

A 200-word mission by The Great Andini

Mr Tinkles sprang onto the doorknob of the shed's door. Like a consummate professional he swung his portly stature from side to side. An audible click signalled the breaching of the mechanism. He relinquished his hold voluntarily and dropped stealthily to the floor. Guided by an acute sense of smell he strutted to the workbench where he gazed upward to an opened esky. He leaped up, walked around twice then jumped inside. Mr Tinkles was startled to be waist deep in water, besieged from all sides by fish equally startled as he. The esky rocked as water sloshed into the air. An eruption of noise accompanied the frenzy of movement, bringing the orchestral manoeuvres into a state of darkness.

Several days passed.

Elmer walked into the shed seeking a Phillips head screwdriver for a stubborn bottle of homebrew. His head was throbbing from an unfinished binge of liquid allsorts when the smell from the esky permeated his fragile stomach. He brought up his lunch and previous night's dinner as he hoisted the esky to his chest and propelled it several metres through the open window.



6 comments:

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I think that Tinkles probably won, with that world dominating, go getter attitude of his.

Although I suspect the fish would have fought strong and hard

Between daisies said...

I enjoyed this especially as it was so far away from my own effort.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Yeah, likewise.

That Clifton fellow looks an awful lot like you, Mr K.

Kaufman said...

UT: You know I'm not much of a cat man. But I reckon you're right. I was inspired on my way to work yesterday when I happened upon a moggy sprawled across the opposite side of the road. You know, the thought of pulling over, stopping rush hour traffic and taking a photo to accompany my piece did cross my mind. But I feel it would've changed the ending for people. My mind works in conjunction with my arse, doesn't it? Well?

UTR: Thanks, Radar. I think we'll all find many instances such as this.

UT: I won't deny that we've been intimate in the past. Wait! You weren't insinuating that, were you?

Between daisies said...

Mate - how come i got the longer acronym?

Kaufman said...

I'll take a stab and say it's because you've been eating your greens.

I feel like another mission.